Heidi's Creamed Corn Recipe
This dish has a spot on Heidi's Thanksgiving every year. It's simple to make, absolutely delicious and pairs well with one of her favourite wines - En Famille Reserve Chardonnay!
- 4 Strips Spades Bacon
- 1 Shallot, chopped fine
- 1 T butter
- 1 Clove Garlic, chopped fine
- 4 Generous sprigs of thyme, leaves off and finely chopped
- Sweet corn on the cob
- Heavy Cream
- 1 Lemon
- Chives or Green onion
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the bacon into fine Lardon - sauté to render the fat. Sauté the shallot in the bacon fat and butter until translucent. Add garlic and sauté with shallot after shallot softens. Add thyme.
- Boil sweet corn until cooked (about 5 min). Cool and take off the cob.
- Sauté corn with the bacon shallot mixture for 5 min to warm. Add more butter if necessary.
- Add heavy cream to cover or to desired consistency. Do not boil the cream or it will split. Re-season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add zest of one lemon and finely chopped chives or green onion to finish.
CommentsCommenting has been turned off.
Newsletter Sign Up
Sign up to get the latest on new releases, events, special offers and more...